Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's Get It On

Words in the song said:

you keep looking and staring me done
hey, why don't you stop fooling around


My words:

Knowing I ain't no sexual pawn
why don't we just get it on.

You show up when I least expect
bringing with you every tease.
Short sun dress dangling lusciously
exposing skin just above the knees.

Both of us knowing full well
our chatting is no more than a sham.
When you discover I am outside
you find a reason to come where I am.

Such feeble attempts at niceties
belie your often heaving breast.
Coupled with suspicious naivety
wearing a sensual summer dress.

Your lingering daunting ways
tell me much more than you say.
Not that I have a problem with it
it seems just to be your way.

Why continue this nutty charade
lets make all the BS be gone.
Why not just skip all the crap
come on lets get it on.

I caught your smile in the park
another morning at the bus stop.
When I exited the grocery store
feel like I been caught by a cop.

You spend too much time
watching where I go and do.
Can't say I'm not flattered
by the attention I get from you.

But what is it with the staring
as if I was some work of art.
Your sensual eyes are glowing
as they seem to tear me apart.

Again I say, lets stop this game
got me feeling like an old blues song.
What's wrong with being straightforward
come on baby, lets just get it on.

Del Cano 2008 June

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home